Oh, and MORE bricks! But look! Can you see it?!.....dirt....aaahhhh....finally!
Another look at the dirt:
See the big boulders in the background? Fake. I don't know why they are there. Really.
We even cleared out the side of the house-you can actually walk there now, and the trees don't grow up onto the roof anymore...I must admit, Josh went a bit wild with the machete...started to scare me a little...
I've been working on the yard a little while Josh is gone...it's hard, though, because Kai'a loves to play in the dirt where I am moving cinder-blocks. I move a block, grab the sledgehammer, and kill the unearthed scorpions before Kai'a has a chance to go for them. She thinks it's a game, and rather funny...I try telling her-"go over there! See your doll? Go get your doll!" but she doesn't fall for it. So, it's a slow process. Yesterday I had 4 scorpions and a centipede under my belt by 7:30am. Not too shabby! And so far, Kai'a hasn't succeeded in beating me to any...
I'm also happy to add that we are (pretty much) OUT OF MANGOS! Hallelujah! I got mango rash myself, on my wrist-thought I was resistant but I guess I've just been lucky. Anyway, I've never had poison ivy, but it must be similar. It's driving me CRAZY!
Now, aren't you all glad you don't have our yard? :)


4 comments:
Are you getting it all prettied up to sell it?
I will try to call again this week.
Wow! Lots of work! The finished product will be so rewarding, even if you are just going to sell it! Great job!!!
Just the thought of those nasty hawaiian centipedes send chills up my spine, I can't even handle it. They are the main reason that I will probably never live in Hawaii again... that's so sad isn't it? EEEEEWWWWW!!!
We're just trying to make it nice enough to lure in a tenant-we'll rent it out for now...the market is so soft out here right now, I doubt it would sell anytime soon. love hearing from you guys!
The yard looks wonderful! Yardwork is such hard work anyway without the nasty critters and trying to watch a baby at the same time. What are you doing with all the dug up asphalt and bricks after you stack them so neatly? More trips to the dump? You deserve a pat on the back or a few dozen.
Post a Comment