Saturday, June 21, 2008

FATHER'S DAY?

View from the Plantation Restaurant at sunset-over the island of Molokai Me eating a delicious, goat-cheese salad Josh's "fancy" dessert of ho-ho's or whatever they are...
I made Josh put on a shirt so I could get an actual "Father's Day" photo and this was the best we could do...she was VERY squirmy!
A lot of people have beautiful tributes to their dads/husbands for Father's Day, so I thought I would add mine...sort of.
See, I planned Father's Day for a good month: arranged dinner for the 2 of us at the Plantation Restaurant (had them present a "special" dessert-his favorite: Little Debbie Swiss Rolls) Had my gifts ordered and there on time, etc. It was Wed night, the last night we both had off together before he left for Oahu. I said, "Happy Father's day, even though it's tomorrow". To which he replied "Father's day is on Sunday." "No, it's Thursday-I've been planning this for a month, I KNOW it's tomorrow." Well, who knew Father's Day is ALWAYS on a Sunday? That's my brain for you-can't remember our anniversary or my own birthday, so why should I get Father's Day right? It was pretty funny because I was dead serious about it. Why can't holidays be consistent? Some are DATES and some are DAYS-it's messed up; not my fault.
And here is our first blog video-since I couldn't capture a decent picture on the (real) Father's Day, I thought I'd just get a clip of her being her normal self. Nothing funny or amazing, but I know a lot of the family hasn't seen her since she was 2 months old, or 6 months old, so I hope it is sufficient.

8 comments:

Leslie said...

Katie, your baby is absolutely beautiful! I am in awe!

MZ said...

Congrats Josh on the new job. I like to think that I helped you on your way to success. Kate your a great Mom. Fun to see your blog.

Becky said...

Father's Day, Mother's Day, Thanksgiving, all holidays that don't fall on a specific date. So hard to keep track. Great minds must think alike because I planned a big suprise easter egg hunt on the week before Easter. I felt really silly. Your celebration sounds so fun and I love the pictures! and you video is great!

Berta said...

Hi Katie and Josh -
(Cortney's mom here!) I found your blog through Mary's! Your baby is ADORABLE and looks like you're having a great time in the islands. Do you come to the mainland 'ever'??? Congrats on your new job Josh - be safe.
MomBoice

Anonymous said...

Leslie, are you in awe because Josh made such a cute kiddo? :) haha just kidding, Josh!
and Hi Momma Boice! I will have to add your blog to ours...you know what a task it is keeping up with you guys and your family! But we love knowing what everyone is doing these days...It doesn't feel like we've been off the island in a LONG time, but we have a wedding in UT in Aug, so that will be fun!

Ben and Jess said...

i think you guys are hilarious :)

suzan said...

Kate- you kill me! That was too funny! Thanks for sharing I think this might be the best Fathers Day post I've seen!

Becca's Creative Jewelry Design said...

Man is it unbelievable to see Josh on the floor playing with HIS own child!!! Never thought I would see the day. Congrats on your job flying Josh. We still talk about story's of our night shifts in the E.R. we miss you guys, come see us if you ever get back to the boring Rexburg.Rebecca (e.r night friend)Oh and that is a darling little girl!!